The Weekly is a publication of the Jacksonville Camera Club. It provides a heads up of the coming events and announcements of a timely nature. It contains both Club events and other items of interest to members. If you have feedback or something to announce please see directions in the sidebar. Thanks for reading.
Next Meetings for the rest of the year: November 2, 2023, November 16, and the last meeting all be December 7.
November 2 meeting:
Topic: Results of the last digital competition.
People's Choice: November 2 meeting is Eyes, while December meeting is Neon
December 7 meeting
Topic: Results of the last print competition.
The JCC Board will have the last board meeting on November 9. If you have any items for us to consider and discuss, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new Board search committee is working hard to find new officers for next year. When they call, please consider agreeing to serve in some capacity. Most positions, both on the Board and other positions will be open.
Club Facebook page
- The Club Facebook page now regularly features a photo challenge. Currently the topic for the photo challenge is #jccspooky, but since Halloween is Oct. 31 it is possible that the topic will be changed.
Photoshop Summit V starts Monday
October 30-November 3
As has been mentioned before a new series of classes entitled Photoshop Summit V will include all the latest and coolest new techniques that have been introduced in Photoshop this past year. 20 Instructors each doing two classes over the course of 5 days. Any attendee can watch the classes for a full 48 hours after they are scheduled to begin. For those who have not watched any Summits, which were started during the pandemic, the instructors are world class and the subjects they will be covering can be found at this link. To sign up for the Summit click here.
If you have not signed up for the Photoshop Summit V, Dave Cross, the host and moderator, is having an online webinar to answer questions concerning the Summit. That will be had on September 19 at noon EDT. If you are at all interested you might want to sign up for that webinar. It can be found HERE. He will send out some reminders and if you sign up and can't make it live, he will have a recording available.
Last Quarter of 2023 News
- The Beaches Photography Club has invited the JCC and the St Augustine Camera Club to their December 5 meeting to welcome internationally renowned and award winning photographer Todd Gustafson (https://www.gustafsonphotosafari.net/) for a special presentation at the Beaches Branch Library on A1A in Neptune Beach. The program is titled “Walking and Chewing Gum at the Same Time." The meetings start at 5:45P.
- The Friends of Crooked River State Park (https://www.facebook.com/friendsofcrookedriverstatepark/) have announced a photo contest. Entries in the contest are to be emailed to The Friends of Crooked River State Park (email@example.com) contest thru December 31
And its 2024.....
Annual Banquet news:
- looking for volunteers to help Anita and Peter for the annual banquet
- the annual banquet will be Saturday February 10 at the Ramada in Mandarin
Find the Club...
Our Facebook Group is very active with many members posting their photos. Many members have posted their photos from last week's outing. Be sure to check it out for activities of interest, winning photos, and more!
...on the Blog!
Don't forget to check back with our Blog Page often. There is good information posted frequently that you won't want to miss!